Green Power Saver Store.com
What Appliances cost you when they are plugged in.
Here are our Top Ten Power Saving Tips to help Eliminate Vampire Standby Power In Your Home.
Ten Top Tips – Do You Believe in Vampires? You’d better. In fact, there are probably several vampires in your home right now, sucking power from your electric.
Outlets and money from your wallet. When your computer, plasma TV, or stereo is off, you probably think it is using as little power as possible. Fact is, These devices have high standby power use. What’s more, all of the peripherals connected to your computer— Printer, monitor, USB hub, scanner, DSL/cable modem, etc.—continue to consume “idle current” as well.
There may be as many as 20 devices drawing standby power in your home. These include any device with a remote Control and external power supply (or adapter), permanently illuminated digital displays and LEDs, and many new Larger appliances, such as air conditioners and refrigerators.
Here are our top ten tips to help eliminate everyday Vampire Standby" Energy Stand-By" Power In Your Home Today.
1. Turn off your computer at night so it runs only eight hours a day—you’ll reduce your energy use by 810 KWh per year and net a 67 percent annual savings.
2. Use a Kill A Watt device to measure your electronics' power consumption. It can actually be kind of fun (and definitely enlightening) to run around your house and see how much juice each piece of equipment takes. You'll likely be surprised.
3. Plug your computer into a surge protector with a master control outlet, which automatically senses When the computer is not in use and cuts power to it and all your peripherals.
4. Purchase flat-screen monitors—they use significantly less energy and are not as hard on your eyes as CRTs.
5. Purchase an Energy Star–compliant computer. Note that laptop models use much less energy than desk top units.
6. Plan your computer-related activities so you can do them all at once, keeping the computer off at other times.
7. Power off your monitor when you are not using it instead of using screen savers.
8. Do not leave the computer running overnight or on weekends.
9. Turn off all printers and peripherals unless you are using them consider using an ink-jet printer—although a bit slower than laser printers, inkjets use 80 to 90 percent less energy.
10. Forgot the screen saver—it doesn’t save energy or your screen unless you’re using an old monochrome monitor.
According to the Department of Energy, “vampire energy loss” represents between 5 and 8 percent of a single family home’s total electricity use per year. On average, that equals one month’s electricity bill. Taken across the United States, it adds up to at least 68 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity annually—that’s the equivalent output of 37 typical electricity-generating power plants, costing consumers more than $7 billion. The result of all this wasted energy? More than 97 billion pounds of carbon dioxide seeping into the atmosphere each year. On a global scale, standby energy accounts for 1 percent of the world’s carbon emissions, according to Alan Meier of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California
How do you monitor energy at home?
Now you can cut your energy costs and find out what appliances are actually worth keeping plugged in. Simply connect these appliances to the Kill A Watt™ EZ, and it will assess how efficient they really are. Large LCD display will count consumption by the Killowatt-hour, same as your local utility.alt
The P4460 Kill A Watt™ EZ is an easy to use consumer power meter allowing the user to accurately measure power consumption of household appliances and to determine the actual cost of power consumed. The unit will also project, in real time, the cost of continued use of the appliance in time periods of Hour, Day, Week, Month, and Year. The P4460 features a precise circuit which provides very accurate results. Voltage and current are measured using true RMS methods. Total consumed power is displayed in Kilowatt-hours (KWH). It is easy to use with a large display and simple 5-button interface. The unit is safe as it features ETL listing and over-current protection.
- Shows the operating costs of your household appliances
- Calculates cost and forecasts by week, month and year
- Displays eight critical units of measureNow you can cut your energy costs and find out what appliances are actually worth keeping plugged in. Simply connect these appliances to the Kill A Watt™ EZ, and it will assess how efficient they really are.
Eliminate Standby Power and End Daily Energy Waste.
Smart Power Strips are easy to use and fully automatic. The smart power strip pays for itself in as little as 2 to 3 months with a minimal investment. Smart Power Strips also provide surge suppression to protect your electronic devices including PC’s, peripherals and laptops. Save time energy and money by having all of your electronics automatically turn off when you are not at home to use them, help to eliminate Vampire Power and Plug in with a Smart Power Strip today
Energy Saving Tips
measure and make a small change.
Measure your in home power consumption with the Kill A Watt P4660 EZ plug in meter.
Reduce Vampire Power with the use of a Bits Limited Smart Power Strip.
Whole House Energy Management system 5000 monitors energy consumption.
We take pride in our wide selection of quality power saving and eco-friendly products. All of the products we offer are from trusted brands and can be delivered to you within 2-3 business days.
Green Power Saver Store.com takes pride in our wide selection of quality power saving and earth friendly products. All of the products we offer are from trusted brands and can be delivered within 2-3 days business days from Amazon.com
Smart Power Strips, Energy Saving Power Strips, Take Charge Power Saver, Water Heater Timers, Home Power Measurement, Thermal leak detectors, infrared thermometers, energy saving skylights, ipad solar charger, eBook solar chargers, blackberry solar chargers, solar backpacks, solar powered speakers systems, solar powered clocks, solar powered lighting, solar powered flashlights, solar attic fans, solar fan, solar attic fan installation, outdoor clothes dryers, indoor clothes dryers, rain water collection, rain water harvesting, water conservation, recycling collection and containers, co friendly outdoor products, solar flood lights, solar garden lights, solar garage lights, solar shed lights, solar emergency lights, composting products, composting containers, how to compost, battery powered lighting, outdoor camping solar lighting, earth friendly houseware, earth friendly cleaning products, solar potable lighting, wind up emergency radios, wind up lighting, wind up flashlights, dynamo powered lighting, dynamo powered radios,3m weatherproofing kits, weatherproofing kits, window weather proofing, heat keeper kits, drying heat keeping kits, energy saving kits, whole house energy saving kits,whole house energy management, energy star appliances, smart power strips, vampire power consumption, reduce vampire power, standby power consumption, standby power elimination, solar back packs, solar nook battery, Bluetooth solar speakers, iphone solar charger, laptop solar charge, net book solar charge, ipad solar charger, water saving faucets, water saving toilets, eco smart hoses, earth friendly garden hose, recycled door mats, solar flood lights, solar garden lights.
Content copyright 2009 GreenPowerSaverStore.com Jasbr , LLC. All rights reserved.
701 Delilah Road
Pleasantville, NJ 08232
1 866 318 1358